The Guiding Principles encapsulate what we value about our Sangha. They are approved by the Sangha at a Community Meeting and reviewed annually.
1. The RMMG is set up as a Sangha to practice mindfulness meditation and mindfulness in everyday living.
2. The Sangha practises in accordance with the Buddhist traditions of the Community of Interbeing and Gaia House but is open to the wisdom of all mindfulness meditation traditions.
3. The Sangha welcomes people of all faiths or none. We honour the differing religious traditions of our members.
4. Sangha members commit to cultivating supportive friendly relationships. The Buddhist term for this is kalyana mitrata.
5. Sangha members have the intention to understand and cultivate the Eightfold Path (Right View, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration) and the Four Brahma Viharas ( ‘divine abidings’: loving kindness, compassion, sympathetic joy and equanimity).